Saturday, June 2, 2012

What's next?

As much as I would love to sign up for several summer races, I am keeping myself in check.  We have a very hectic summer and fall ahead of us and I have to focus on priorities.  I decided to take it easy this week and devote this week and weekend to my massive to do list.  Then, work picked up and that meant I could only sneak out for 30 minute runs during lunch. My to do list has yet to be touched and my mind is wandering to fun things, like racing.

I contemplated signing up for Javelina Jundred before the price increase but chickened out Thursday night.  I will have to bite the bullet and pay the extra $25 when/if I register.  I wanted to participate in the training run on the course but just found out we have to attend a family wedding that evening; bummed is a mild way of putting how I felt when I saw the Save the Date card (I love the couple getting married, just not the chosen date).  I'm working on devising a training plan that is worked around upcoming events and hope to see a way in which I can actually train for the distance.  I do not want to attempt Javelina unless I am prepared to go the distance.  Alan cannot go with me to crew/pace and I admit I am slightly (okay, completely) terrified and nervous about doing it without him.  I'd welcome a kick in the pants to make me be less of a wimp and just go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment