Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm finding my speed gear....

I lost my speed gear last year and have not pushed any paces in so long that I feel like a slug.  Tonight I finally had a run that makes me think my faster paces may come out of hibernation.  I felt so slow starting out in the breezy conditions but I decided to push since I was only doing 3 miles; ended up tacking on a cool down mile because I was so happy!!!

Mile 1: 8:04
Mile 2: 7:31
Mile 3: 6:46 (yayayay!!! First sub-7 mile in almost a year!)
Mile 4: 7:47 (cool-down)

While tonight's run does absolutely nothing to help me prepare for Saturday, it was a huge boost to my confidence.  I've avoided speedwork/tempo runs because they are hard (I'm lazy) and they aggravate my knee but yesterday's ART session made my knee feel so much better.  I finally see hope in returning to the training paces that I was hitting late 2008/early 2009...I plan on keeping one run per week short and focused on speed so that training to run slower in the 100 does not equate to a loss of speed overall.

Happy Friday! - Friday starts early for me:)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I did an impromptu 10k time trial this morning just to feel a little speed.

    ReplyDelete